2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2014-11-5 00:39:51 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
10.jpg

Since restaurant Relæ opened in August 2010 it has been on the top of my to-do list. Not on the “I need some good and hearty food”- list but on the “I want to be inspired without paying a fortune”-list . Relæ is situated in Copenhagen's more alternative area. Having El Bulli and Noma on his resume co-founder and chef Christian F. Puglisi sets high expectations in the minds of his guests. Mine were fulfilled.
At Relæ you will find a take it or leave it menu. You can either have meat or no meat, two menus, that's it. It is good that we are not to picky… www.isletforum.com Here is the meat menu:

12.jpg
For starters we had pickled skate on celery with a mussel/parsley cream or dressing which was very intense in taste and colour while the fish was very delicate and subtle.

13.jpg
This one was my favourite: marabel potato finely sliced​​ so it looks like spaghetti and rolled up in a bunch, seaweed and pecorino sauce. How can something with no visible sign of cheese (nothing runny or crumbly in this dish!) taste so intensly of pecorino?

14.jpg
Beautiful soft meat: or is tongue of veal actually meat?Here with grilled sauce, some creamy not too fishy anchovy and fine slices of scorzonera.

15.jpg
Mandarin, buttermilk and egg yolk. I saw the lady at the table next to us mixing this dessert up on her plate right from the beginning which did not do it any good look-wise. The combination was very pleasant though and well harmonised; the egg yolk adding just that creamy touch to the acidic milk and the citrus fruit which gave the whole thing a taste like Zabaione.

This is definitely not feel good cooking but I appreciated every single dish for its' creative twist and the successful combination of ingredients. The atmosphere in the restaurant is quite laid back; www.isletforum.com no table clothes, knife, fork and spoon were to be found in a drawer beneath the wooden table and the tables were placed quite closely together which gives the whole room a cafeteria feeling. The service was varying, some dishes were speedily served by a guy merely mumbling the ingredients, the wine on the other hand was knowledgably presented. I must say though, however laid back (and thereby cheaper than the usual upscale restaurants in town) a place chooses to be, I never appreciate getting the bill without having asked for it and being asked for tips by the credit card machine. Unfortunately this last impression remains but for the food I will definitely come back.

Relae Restaurant
www.restaurant-relae.dk
Source: Truffle Dog Travels

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表