積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2019-4-22 08:55:57 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 cucumber 於 2019-4-22 08:58 編輯

Engelbert Humperdinck - Please release me - 1989

Engelbert Humperdinck Release Me

Release Me - Engelbert Humperdinck

"Release Me" (sometimes rendered as "Release Me (and Let Me Love Again)"), is a popular song written by Eddie "Piano" Miller and Robert Yount in 1949. Four years later it was recorded by Jimmy Heap & the Melody Masters (in 1953), and with even better success by Patti Page (1954), Ray Price (1954), and Kitty Wells (1954). Subsequently, Jivin' Gene [Bourgeois] & the Jokers recorded the tune in 1960, and that version served as an inspiration for Little Esther Phillips, who reached number one on the R&B chart and number eight on the pop chart with her big-selling cover. The Everly Brothers followed in 1963, along with Jerry Wallace (1966), Dean Martin (1967), Engelbert Humperdinck (1967) who was number one on the UK Singles Chart and many others in the years after.

The Humperdinck version has the distinction in the UK of holding the number one slot on the chart for six weeks during March and April 1967, and preventing The Beatles' "Penny Lane" / "Strawberry Fields Forever" from reaching the top spot. Humperdinck's "Release Me" was also the highest selling single of 1967 in the UK, recording over one million in sales, eventually becoming one of the best selling singles of all time with sales of 1.38 million copies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_Me_(Eddie_Miller_song))

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表